Moderations-Bereich ]

[My Feedback] 3DS Capture Card with Controller Mod

[My Feedback] 3DS Capture Card with Controller Mod

Beitragvon PascalH » Mi 18. Nov 2015, 09:30

Dear forum visitors, future buyers and stefan,

Before I decided which capture card type I wanted I looked up the difference between Loopy capture cards and Katsukity.
I inquired katsukity but it took way to long for even a simple email reply (2 weeks), and the response didn't even answer my question. All mails after have been plainly ignored at Katsukity.
After checking the difference between them I decided to go with the loopy capture board and the best place for us as EU customers is of course Merki.
I looked on twitch for different streamers to see if there were any with a Merki capture card to ask them their experiences and I have checked all reviews given both here and on the 3dscapture forum.
These positive reviews led to me wanting to buy my capture card with Merki. Ordering with Merki as EU customer saves you the costs you would get from customs normally when ordering outside of the EU!

After I discussed and placed my order on the 13th of october 2015 I was keeping track on forum posts and noticed that the waiting was for Loopy to develop / get the boards.
So I decided to try and contact Loopy/Neal and that succeeded with contacting him I could give people here a bit more news as well which was very nice to be able to do!
A little while after I was able to contact Loopy/Neal Stefan got more information on shipping and received the boards on Monday 9 November 2015.
I was position 92 in the list of orders and order #1290 Stefan at first said he could do 4-6 capture cards a day so my expectations were for the capture card with controller mod to arrive mid december but suprisingly I got a mail previous sunday (15th of november) that my order was done but there was a small error on the housing near the controller mod. :o

Bild

Stefan wanted to compensate me for it or if I didn't like it at all ask the person next in line if he would have any issues with it.
Since mistakes can happen I said no to the compensation at first but since Stefan a nice guy as he is didn't accept a no for the compensation I chose super mario bros 2 special edition as the compensation for this minor mistake.

Receiving the Capture Card with Controller mod
Yesterday I received my capture card with controller mod through DPD.
I opened the box and it was so well and safely packed in the box with bubble wrap I opened the 3ds box and it contained the following:

Bild

Harribo HYPE!!! :D
I also got the blue cable I preffered.

Installation & Specifications

The 3DS capture card comes default with firmware 4.5 which is the best support for flash card users (GateWay etc.).
The installation is actually pretty straightforward in Windows 10 64 bit just plug it in and you can load it with the 3dsview program! No need for any other installation here!
I downloaded the 3dscapture plugin for OBS at first which makes use of the CLR browser plugin.
I tested it and it seems to not be properly compatible with a scene containing a CLR browser item (twitchalerts alerts) and crashes on preview mode.
When trying a empty scene OBS didn't crash but the 3DS output flikkered on and off so it didn't skip the black/empty frame.
So my advice do not use third party plugins for it unless it's recent and they show screenshots of it working else it's a waste of time using them.
I then decided to just window capture the screens and succes!!! :D

So to conclude everyone who wants a great quality capture card order from Merki! 8-)
PascalH
Junior
Junior

Heimat Flagge:
Netherlands

Re: 3DS Capture Card with Controller Mod

Beitragvon Tecd0c » Mi 18. Nov 2015, 11:08

Thank you for your detailed review/feedback. I'm Sorry for the housing got damaged :roll: the 3DS Controller Mod needs extensive cutting of the housing inside and outside - all handmade :shock:

One Hint I have for you: try using dxtory - I know, it is not a freeware program, but the capabilities are great... The main thing I like about it is that you get a seperate Audio-Stream of Ingame and Microphone.

Thank you for purchasing our product! Enjoy your 3DS Capture Card and the 3DS Controller Mod :D

Stefan
Tecd0c
Tec-Admin
Tec-Admin

Heimat Flagge:
Germany

Zurück zu Howto / Feedback / Unboxing / My Channel