Moderations-Bereich ]

[Howto] New 2DS XL Capture Card framedrops - How to fix!

[Howto] New 2DS XL Capture Card framedrops - How to fix!

Beitragvon Melissa » Mi 26. Jun 2019, 17:42

Hi! I do not need assistance thank you, but this is a problem I ran into and solved (after many hours of troubleshooting) with my capture card and I thought I'd post the solution here in case anyone else needs the help. I found that the Katsukity capture software on my PC was stuttering and dropping a lot of frames and couldn't figure out why. It was most noticeable when minimizing the window, as the sound would go haywire.

The usual reason for this is your PC is just not strong enough, but my hardware was more than adequate (Nvidia GTX 1080, i7-3770K, 16GB RAM). I updated all my drivers, ran virus scans, shut down all background processes, ran programs like MSI Afterburner to check if my CPU or GPU were having trouble (they weren't), I unplugged ALL other USB devices (including my mouse and keyboard) and tried every USB port on my PC, and still couldn't find the solution. I even tested the same capture unit and cable on a friend's PC and it worked fine. Then I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and still had the issue.

After many hours of troubleshooting and experimenting, I found the problem: the USB drivers for my motherboard! My motherboard is a Sabertooth Z77, and i had diligently installed all the updated drivers. But the USB drivers caused this issue. I uninstalled them / rolled them back and the problem went away!!!

Here's the device in question:

Bild

ASMedia USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller

After I rolled back the drivers, the problem went away! Here's what the driver details look like now:

Bild

Now it runs like a dream! It's super smooth and I can do tons of other things at the same time (like stream or watch videos) with no issues!

So just thought I'd post that here in case anyone else is in the same situation! :D
Melissa
Junior
Junior

Re: New 2DS XL Capture Card framedrops - How to fix!

Beitragvon Tecd0c » Do 27. Jun 2019, 10:45

Thank you for your hands up :)
I hope this helps some others that face the same issue, thank you!
Tecd0c
Tec-Admin
Tec-Admin

Heimat Flagge:
Germany

Zurück zu Tech Support/Assistance technique