Moderations-Bereich ]

Please repair my capture card

Please repair my capture card

Beitragvon Teslamouse » Do 20. Jul 2017, 15:16

My name is James Woodman and I am a resident in the US. I am emailing you in hopes that you would be willing to provide me with your services. I need my capture card fixed. I purchased one from katsukitty 3 years ago and it has worked, but recently It fell on the floor and the port/capture board and/or housing around it has been damaged. The capture card will not work now, sadly. I am hoping that you would be willing to help fix it. I tried emailing katsu, posting on their forums and even tweeting at them but have not received a response. Please repair my capture card. I would very much appreciate it.

Sincerely
James Woodman
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
Teslamouse
Junior
Junior

Re: Please repair my capture card

Beitragvon Tecd0c » Do 20. Jul 2017, 15:54

Hello James

I'm willing to help you, but from here it is hard to diagnostic what the failure is.
It could be possibly three things:
1. USB Port is broken,
a. if the traces to the board are intact, I could replace the USB connector.
b. if the traces are damaged I can only replace the whole capture board.

2.the flex-cable got damaged or tear apart. maybe just the flex-cable has to be taken off and completely resoldered

3. Capture board itself got damaged, some IC or other component are broken, depends on what it is I might have to replace the whole board

Also you have to understand that if the board or the flexcable is damaged I have to completely remove the Capture Card as they are in one piece soldered together.

Please contact me by E-Mail an we can discuss what to do next.
Regards
Stefan
Tecd0c
Tec-Admin
Tec-Admin

Heimat Flagge:
Germany

Zurück zu Tech Support/Assistance technique