Moderations-Bereich ]

I may require a little assistance/advice

I may require a little assistance/advice

Beitragvon saffichu » Di 24. Jan 2017, 16:36

Hello!

I've had a katsukity capture card for over 2 years and it's already broken once before and I had them repair it and what not, but I experienced the world's worst customer service (as in, they never told me it arrived, they wouldn't tell me if they had it when I asked, and sent it back without telling me etc etc). Regardless they fixed it the first time around. Now I have a new problem and I want to try to avoid sending the console back to japan, because I don't want to experience that again.

Anywho my current issue is through my capture software, only my lower screen is beginning to change hue everytime I move the console. It flickers and it's irritable as I am a streamer/youtuber, so you can understand I need both screens to be in top condition.

So this is the problem screen
Bild

and this is how it should look
Bild

I've tried 2 usb cables, both had the same problem. Would anyone know what the problem would possibly be?

Thanks ^^
saffichu
Junior
Junior

Re: I may require a little assistance/advice

Beitragvon Tecd0c » Di 24. Jan 2017, 18:03

Hard to tell,
if only a single color changes and you do not have a total disconnect, that normally indicates that one of the solderpoints from the flatcable going to the Mainboard is not having right contact.
To find out which one it is, is not that easy, normally I would remove the flatcable totaly and replace it with a new one.
That seems not the option, as I do not sell the Japanese stuff here!
Tecd0c
Tec-Admin
Tec-Admin

Heimat Flagge:
Germany

Zurück zu Tech Support/Assistance technique