Moderations-Bereich ]

Capture freezing or blacking out

Capture freezing or blacking out

Beitragvon GarfieldTL » Do 3. Nov 2016, 00:59

I've had my 3DS capture device for nearly three years. I haven't used it much lately, but over the past year or so I've had some problems, and they haven't gone away.

Sometimes, the 3DS capture software will go black and all sound coming through my USB headset will cut out (including sound being recorded from my microphone). I have to disconnect and reconnect both my headset and the USB cable connected to my DS to restore video and audio. Sometimes I also have to restart my capture software.

Other times, the audio cuts out, but the video keeps playing and my microphone still works. I have to restart my capture software in this case.

Finally, sometimes the video capture freezes in place, but audio still plays. I can fix this by refreshing the picture on the capture software (by splitting the capture window, for example).

These problems don't seem huge, but since I stream with the window hidden, I sometimes don't notice the third problem at all for a while, and responding to all of the above problems requires me to take focus away from my gameplay to get the stream running again. I stream speedruns, and the loss of any gameplay footage would invalidate any of my completed runs.

These problems occur even when my 3DS is stationary. I have tried using different USB cables and different USB ports, and have reinstalled the 3DS capture driver. I would appreciate any help or advice offered.
GarfieldTL
Junior
Junior

Heimat Flagge:
Great Britain

Re: Capture freezing or blacking out

Beitragvon Tecd0c » Do 3. Nov 2016, 01:10

If you used new USB cables and it does not get better, it is the USB Port on the Capture Card itself.
This can be replaced. See here:
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=393
That more you bend it now that more you risk that it gets real damaged as you can tear off the pads by bending it...
Tecd0c
Tec-Admin
Tec-Admin

Heimat Flagge:
Germany

Beitragvon GarfieldTL » Do 3. Nov 2016, 01:39

Thanks for diagnosing the problem so quickly! Is it alright if I send the console for you to have a look at?
GarfieldTL
Junior
Junior

Heimat Flagge:
Great Britain

Beitragvon Tecd0c » Do 3. Nov 2016, 01:47

Yes of course, that earlier you do this, that better :)
Tecd0c
Tec-Admin
Tec-Admin

Heimat Flagge:
Germany

Beitragvon GarfieldTL » Mo 12. Dez 2016, 15:21

Unfortunately, replacing the USB port did not fix the problem (although it seems to happen less frequently than before). I have used different USB cables and different computers, so it seems this is going to be a problem I just have to live with.
GarfieldTL
Junior
Junior

Heimat Flagge:
Great Britain

Beitragvon Tecd0c » Mo 12. Dez 2016, 15:58

I'm sorry to hear that, but the Tests were all good, although I'm not able to test a device for an hour :(

Could you please contact Neal (Loopy) the manufacturer, he might have a point on how to proceed...

His contact adress is:

info@3dscapture.com
Tecd0c
Tec-Admin
Tec-Admin

Heimat Flagge:
Germany

Zurück zu Tech Support/Assistance technique